Protecting Assets from LTC
Shield assets from uninsured long term medical costs.
Avoid impoverishing a healthy spouse.
Common Questions and Concerns
- Can I afford and can I qualify for long term care insurance?
- Is it really important that I am cared for in my home?
- Do I have to spend down all of my assets before I can qualify for government insurance (Medicaid)?
- Can I keep my home if I want to qualify for government insurance (Medicaid)?
- Evaluate current portfolio using proprietary, comprehensive approach
- Discuss long term care insurance vs. investment and legal structure solutions
- Provide long term care insurance quote (if applicable)
- Determine annual income goal for healthy spouse (if applicable) or existing home maintenance requirements
- Develop analysis of assets and income exposed to spend down before eligibility for government insurance (Medicaid)
- Define legacy asset goal
- Determine investment risk tolerance
- Create and implement detailed investment plan using the appropriate investment products or legal structure with an appropriate level of income and principal stability taking into account client specific circumstances. The solution includes asset allocation and specific investment choices, and a distribution strategy that takes into account income tax and insurance qualification implications*
- Demonstrate historical risk and return characteristics of existing and recommended portfolios
*Neither NEXT Financial Group, Inc. nor its representatives offer tax or legal advice. Please consult your tax or legal professional before taking any action.