Investing for College
Have adequate resources available to meet college spending needs
Common Questions and Concerns
- Should I use a college savings plan (529 Plan)? Should I use my own state’s plan?
- What kind of other vehicles are available for college savings?
- How much should I contribute annually for my college savings account?
- What are some ways to maximize financial aid from the colleges I am considering?
- Evaluate current college savings portfolio using proprietary, comprehensive approach.
- Evaluate college tax credit and federal loan programs available to meet part of need.
- Determine savings goal by estimating annual “Expected Family Contribution” amount, comparing it to expected expenses and determining the annual shortfall
- Determine investment risk tolerance, at least partially based on years until withdrawals anticipated
- Review available 529 plans to determine appropriate fit for client in current investment climate.